1. Remove the battery pull-tab or press the tamper button 3 times to put the device in inclusion mode
2. Press Add a Thing in My Home , the app will say Looking for devices…
3. Once the Door/Window Sensor Pro is included press Save, then OK
5. Your Door/Window Sensor Pro should now be ready to use. If it shows up as a generic device check out this article:
The Main Page displays the current status of the Door/Window Sensor Pro (Open or Closed), the temperature, tamper status, and also the battery level.
- The Main Status section displays the status of the Door/Window Sensor: Open and Closed. The status is displayed with both text and the background color.
- The Temperature section displays the current temperature with text and color
- The Tamper section shows a warning if the cover has been removed from the Door Sensor Pro
- Battery Level displays the remaining battery life
- The Refresh button refreshes the page so all of the settings and statuses are accurate and current
The Interface Settings Page
The settings page allows the user to change several properties of the Door Sensor Pro, including LED functionality, temperature units, wake up interval, and more. To access the settings page, simply press the Gear icon on the top right corner in the main device page.
- Open/Close LED Indicator is used to enable/disable the LED
- Report Closed when magnet is can make the Door Sensor Pro report “closed” instead of “open”when the Magnet and Sensor are pulled apart
- Temperature Reporting enables/disables the temperature sensing function
- Temperature Offset is used to to compensate for temperature variances in a room - for example, the temperature near the ceiling in a room is significantly higher than the average temperature of the same room
- Temperature Units sets the units to Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Checkin Interval sets how often the Door/Window Sensor wakes up in order to accept new settings
- Battery Reporting Interval sets how often the battery level is reported to SmartThings
- Automatically Clear Tamper Status clears the tamper warning automatically when the cover is replaced and the sensor reads "closed"